Thursday, July 10, 2008

Come to my bosom!

I've been enjoying a lot of concerts lately. So far this year I've seen Tally Hall & OneRepublic with Todd, Alan Jackson with Scott and am due for Sheryl Crow with Jess in August. Dolly will be in Sacramento soon and that one might be too tempting to pass-up but we'll see what the budget allows.

Now, we all know how much I adore Dolly, but I drool for only one country legend: Tim. Yes, Faith's Tim. He has "Faith" tattooed on his arm with a little heart dotting the "i" - so what! Jeni and I scored 8th row (with a price) and it was worth every penny. We passed through four lines of security personnel just to get to our seats and every time we showed them our tickets they would look at us, smile and nod - the only thing missing was the wink. But yeah, we were sumpen special. As soon as Tim took the stage, we did too. We got up close and not-quite-as-personal-as-we'd-hoped for but still touched the man! He would come by and reach down to us earthlings every so often. Jeni's arm is longer than mine and she kept blocking my chance and taking all the love for herself! He would grab her hand, skip over mine and grab the next tall hand. I finally triumphed by jumping and reaching as high as I could and grabbing his wrist, just above his right hand. Joy!
Yes, this is for real:

I didn't even have to zoom to take this picture.

There's that stupid Faith tattoo. I'm not worried about it though because he has enough money to get it laser-removed later.


Hold on, it gets better...


Possibly the best picture I've ever taken:



2 comments:

AD said...

Yeah, those are hot pics, but not a huge fan of the dude. Erin, ever heard of Alexi Murdoch? He's my new fixation. You would appreciate his scottish accent. On youtube there is a clip of him playing up at the 2007 Sundance film festival. Check it out.

savvy said...

8th row seats!!!!!! holy crap! I'm so jealous!!