Saturday, February 23, 2008

Plug for Dolly


Dolly's new album, Backwoods Barbie, will finally hit shelves Tuesday 26. I'm so excited! I've already listened to it and it is g-hood! I hope all of you will give it a try. It will be available on iTunes if you want to start light - with just a song or two. She does a fun cover version of Drives Me Crazy which will be familiar to everyone.
A few people have asked me, "Why Dolly?"
I think my love for Dolly stems from the fact that, contrary to her plastic appearance, she is absolutely genuine! I learned this by listening to interviews. She is funny! Better than this? She is NICE! As Dolly says, "I hope people realize there is a brain beneath the hair and a heart beneath the boobs." So true.
This isn't my favorite Johnny Carson interview with Dolly, but it still shows her cute personality. Carson loved Dolly. In fact, after her first time on the show, reviews were so great that she was invited to come back in less than a month's time. Pretty impressive.


Isn't she fabulous? I hope you enjoyed her!
This next interview is a bit longer, but it's recent. It recaps a lot of the things she's accomplished in the years since the Carson days. She's such a good person:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That album picture really does make her look like a miniture Barbie doll. All she is missing is Ken and Skipper.
Given your good judgement in past music listening experiences, I'm definately going to give the album a shot.

AD said...

I understand your admiration Erin. Dolly has authentic talent. She can write songs on a whim and sings them with a sweet voice.... not to mention she is an incredible performer. Not very many claimed vocalists have all that. I can't wait to hear her album.

erin said...

Hey A,
Remember our Vegas rendezvous to see her perform her Vintage Tour? She really is amazing!

AD said...

Yes, I do! I feel that my life is more complete now that I have seen her lengendaryness in person. She was FANTASTIC!

Marielle said...

Thanks for the post. It was interesting to see her interviews. I had no idea about her background. And apparently those are real...

Woah to Johnny Carson! Could you say that stuff on late night TV back then?

She is very talented. I didn't know she wrote all those songs. Very cool. Thanks for sharing your passion.

Marielle

K said...

I love Dolly too. Thanks for posting the interviews, those were fun to watch. Literacy is one of the charities Rob and I are interested in, reading is a great blessing. I'm excited for her broadway musical, I bet I'll be great.

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_Parton
Not sure if you have seen this but it is an interesting read!
LOVE YA!
Cheryll

Nancy K said...

Abbie and Anna put on a ton of makeup the other day and I wanted to take a picture and send it to you and say Dollys in the making. When are you going to come visit me again?